Saturday, October 03, 2009

~Today~

Today was a drizzly day. It rained off and on all day long. It was a perfect day for staying in, which is what we did!

I took the opportunity to work on a sewing project this afternoon. I'll be sharing the results with you soon. It is a project that I'm happy with!

This evening I so wanted to get pizza instead of making dinner! It just seemed like the perfect day for pizza, you know? But I would have had to cut into next week's grocery budget to get the pizza, and I already had everything I needed for dinner. So I made dinner like a good girl. :D And since we had company last night, I planned ahead that tonight's dinner would be our leftovers for Sunday afternoon. So it is really a good thing that I stuck to my menu plan!

Next week we're having a little family get-together with Kevin's side of the family. I'm really excited about seeing everyone (my MIL, SIL and BIL)! We're planning a Thanksgiving dinner. I love Thanksgiving food. It is so good. You cook all morning and then you have leftovers for four days. It's great! And to top it all off my brother is coming for Thanksgiving this year so I'll be making two Thanksgiving dinners this year. You should see my brother's sandwiches from Thanksgiving leftovers! Everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) gets piled between bread and eaten with great relish! Think Dagwood-style sandwiches and you're pretty close!

Well, that's about it! I hope you all had a great day, and blessings on the Lord's Day tomorrow!

No comments: