Friday, January 12, 2007

~Calendars~

This year for Christmas, we gave each set of parents a calendar. Most of the pictures I used were ones that I have posted on my blog over the last year.

When I started looking for a place to get the calendars printed, I looked at several chain office supply stores. However, I wasn’t pleased with the quality of their calendars. They were $19.99 and printed on rather thin paper. The pictures had a lot of white space around them. I didn’t feel like they were worth their asking price.

I have occasionally gotten prints from Shutterfly, and I’m on their e-mail list. Before Christmas, I got a notification that their calendars were 20% off and orders over $50 had free shipping. I ordered from them. Even though I ordered quite late, I still received them in time for Christmas! I was also delighted with the quality of their calendars!

The calendars are printed on nice thick paper. The pictures take up most of page. You can add captions to your photos if you wish, and it is easy to navigate around and choose your pictures for each month. You can start a 12-month or 18-month calendar with any month you choose, so it’s a perfect gift any time of the year! There is a list of holidays that you choose from (in other words, if you don’t want Kwanza on your calendar, it doesn’t have to appear on it!), and you can customize your own special dates for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

As you can tell, I was very, very pleased with the quality and service of Shutterfly’s calendars! I would highly recommend them!

Image from Shutterfly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check out Shutterfly. We (the adult children in our family) sifted through all of our pictures and did a calander for my parents for Christmas one year. Each month was a different grandchild and if it was a month with a holiday in it, the picture matched the month. It was really cute. Fun gift. Thanks for the Shutterfly tip.

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check that out. I have always thought picture calendars would make a great gift, but had wondered about quality, ect...thanks for the information!

Anonymous said...

I had calenadrs printed last year for my parents. Shutterfly does a really good job.

Tammy said...

Kristi, your calendar sounds so nice!

Mishel, you're welcome! =)

Spaycee, I agree with you wholeheartedly! =)

Anonymous said...

I love Shutterfly!!! I ordered our Christmas cards from there, for an extremely reasonable price. Have you heard of Snapfish? I have had excellent results with them as well. :)