Saturday, January 06, 2007

~It's Saturday!~

Time to get all my shopping and chores done! My refrigerator is still pretty empty, as I wasn't able to get a good shopping trip in this week. So I'll be off to the store. Hopefully now that Christmas is over the stores will be a little quieter!

The contest in the post below is still open to anyone who hasn't participated yet. I'll be drawing a name this coming Monday evening!

In answer to Musiclover's question, regarding a good hat pattern: I posted about a hat I made here. It is made with DK weight yarn, and you'll need a circular needle, double pointed needles, and stitch markers. The pattern info is in the post. I thought that the book I used had great instructions for beginner knitters regarding the circular and double pointed needles. However, that pattern was about the only pattern I would have used out of the book, so I was glad it was a library book. I was very pleased with how my cap turned out. It is very smooth on the top--no gathers pulling in a lot of knitted fabric. I posed with the hat on, but it really was a Christmas present for my brother. *Grin* Oh, and my husband liked it so well that I'm in the process of making him one with the yarn I have left over.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
What knitting projects would you recommend for beginners? I'm tired of knitting scraves.
Happy National Fruitcake Toss Day!

Julieann said...

Tammy--have fun shopping:) Okay, here is my nosey side---> What would be on your list for groceries?