Friday, January 19, 2007

~Christmas to my mailbox~

One of the Christmas gifts that I received was a generous check. I've held on to the money all this time (LOL), with the idea of getting my charm quilt machine quilted. However, I really, really want this quilt to be hand quilted. I've considered it over and over, and finally decided to hand quilt my quilt top.

That left a good amount of money burning a hole in my pocket! The other night I went on an online spending spree!

From Amazon, I bought:




From CBD, I bought:


(By the way, this book is on sale for $13.99...I don't know how long the sale will last, but I was quite pleased to have gotten such a great deal!)

And finally, from Etsy, I purchased:


(Stitch markers)

But wait! There's more...money that is! I still have a bit left over to spend, even after my visit to a yarn store last night!

So now I just need to wait paitently for the mail to come with all my goodies!

14 comments:

Jennwith4 said...

WooHoo! Spending Christmas money is fun! I spent all mine two weeks ago at Ross. I got a beautiful new bed spread and sheet set, an easel for a painting I have, shoes, sunglasses, a new jacket, and a couple of extras for my husband and my girls. What fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tammy, you really got some great items! Kudos to you for hand quilting your quilt. I always prefer the look of hand quilting over machine. And you apron book...it makes me want to sew a new apron for myself. I guess I shall have to find a pattern now, lol. I just wish I had more time to sew. By the way, those stitch markers are adorable!

Anonymous said...

When you get the apron book, please blog about it and let us know what you think. I'd love to get a copy of it, but I'd love to hear what others think of it.....

Anonymous said...

You really shouldn't do this to me! Drooling over your books isn't good for my keyboard!

Anonymous said...

I just *love* the anticipation of getting goodies in the mail! How fun!! (o:

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I loved this post and seeing your new books! Very interesting. Yes, I second the motion to blog about your apron book (and the sock one, too) when they arrive. :)

Anonymous said...

OOOH....how fun! i was wondering what the stitch markers were, hehe

Could you reccomend a good beginner quilting book?


Jenn

Anonymous said...

Ooo goody! I love shopping. And what fun you've had too! I didn't realise you could get books dedicated to aprons!

For Christmas my sister made me a beautiful apron (it was my favorite gift this year)!

Kelli said...

How fun!!! That apron book looks wonderful! I added it to my Amazon wish list. :0)
Kelli

Tammy said...

Birdie, how funny...drooling on the keyboard!

I'll most definitely review the books when I receive them! Thanks for all the comments! =)

Tammy said...

Jenn (Jammy)--I can't think of a specific book to recommend for quilting. There are so many books out there, I'm sure you could find a few to learn from and enjoy from your local library.

Anonymous said...

You got a lot of great stuff Tammy! And your quilt top is beautiful...enjoy hand quilting it.
P.s. Ashleigh used to read Kindred Spirits. : )

Tammy said...

Mishel, that is SO neat! =) I couldn't WAIT to get my Kindred Spirits every month!

Julieann said...

OH Tammy, those books look awesome. You are going to have so much fun reading them.

Julieann:)