Friday, January 19, 2007

~Knitterly stuff~

Yesterday as I was reading some blogs, I came across a post about a knit-along blog. This isn't just any knit-along...they are testing out patterns for a book they will be publishing! I quickly signed up and got the pattern--what fun! It's for an afghan square, made out of sock yarn. See this link for all the details. If you're interested in signing up, do hurry, since they are closing off the registrations tomorrow.

Of course, I have leftover sock yarn, but not really in the colors they were asking for. So last night I bought some beautiful sock yarn, and I hope there's enough left to make a pair of socks with! If not, I can always make more afghan squares. I like this pattern enough that I might actually make an afghan for myself. We'll see! At left is the square I will be submitting.

I'm anxiously waiting for my books to come from Amazon, as one of the books is a sock knitting book. One of my sisters gave me gorgeous Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn for Christmas. I can't wait to knit them up! I've been looking and waiting for the perfect pattern! Isn't this just lovely yarn? I could eat it, it looks so delicious!



Also on my needles is a stocking cap for my husband. It's just like the one I made for my brother, but the colors are changed around, so that I could use the leftover yarn. I really enjoy working with this yarn!


I really haven't done much knitting since I came back from our vacation. I had rushed to get all my scarves done for the gifts, so perhaps my fingers were a little tired of knitting? I don't know. Anyhow, I'm itching to get back to my knitting now!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy, thanks for posting the link! I just went over and signed up although I'm not sure I'll be able to do it.

Your post said you just found the test-along yesterday...and then you showed a picture of what you'll be submitting. Did you knit that up that quickly? Or did you already have a square you're sending in?

My sister is the knitter, and I'm just the wanna-be. But anyway, my name's on this list - we'll see. :)

Tammy said...

Deb, I knitted it from the pattern I got--it's a very quick knit! I can't wait to see your afghan square!

Julieann said...

Tammy, the yarn is lovely--and eating it made me giggle. You knit so nice---you have really inspired me to learn.

Julieann:)

Tammy said...

Thank you, Julieann!

Anonymous said...

Your knitting is so even and neat! The blog sounds fun. Perhaps you'll get a photo of your work published?

Ruth said...

Thanks for posting about this test-along. I signed up before the deadline! I've been doing a lot of knitting lately and this block is a nice diversion from what I've been working on.