Monday, January 15, 2007

~You can do it!~

Did you ever see the Geico commercial with Tony Little in it? “You can do it!” I laughed so hard every time I saw it on TV!

I never did write a post about New Year’s resolutions. It seemed that every blog I read did have a post regarding resolutions though—whether they were doing them or not, and what their goals were for this coming year.

The standard resolutions? Lose weight and stop smoking. They must be; otherwise, why would the advertisers be marketing items for those two things so heavily?

For myself, I didn’t make resolutions. I decided to continue working on my 101 List. That will definitely keep me busy!

This morning that silly commercial was going through my mind (why I know not, because I haven’t seen it recently!), and I thought, *I* cannot do “it” in my own power, but, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Phil. 4:13)

Goals, dreams, aspirations, resolutions? just remember Philippians 4:13!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder Tammy! I love making new year's resolutions and isn't it wonderful as Christians to know that Christ can give us strength to follow through our new year convictions?

Sorry for all the questions today! But what is a '101 List'? Just curious, sounds fun.

Tammy said...

Hi Kelleigh, I like that..."New Years Convictions!"

My 101 Things to do in 1001 Days list is on my sidebar. I meant to link to it, but forgot to before I posted! You can find it by scrolling down. I think it's under "Miscellaneous".

Anonymous said...

I found your '101 List', what a great idea! Have added my comments to the list.

Roberta said...

Tammy, you had me stop short in my tracks when I cam to "Lose weight and stop smoking."
I thought Tammy smokes? then realized you meant the general public. lol

I did write a post of resolutions. I was not planning to but like your 101 List, I am more likely to do it if I have it somewhere other than just in my noggin'.

And yes, ALWAYS with God's strength and by His grace. :)

Tammy said...

Roberta, how funny. =)