Tuesday, September 11, 2007

~Ducks at the Park~

Last week I cleaned out the fridge and had a ton of stale bread and hamburger buns. I didn't want them to go completely to waste, so we went to the park and fed the ducks and geese and sea gulls. The sea gulls were so loud they hurt my ears!

It was hilarious to throw a large piece of bread towards the sea gulls and watch them all fight over it.

At one point I found myself surrounded by Canada geese. If they would have been ducks, I would have been completely fine with them, but the fact was, they were geese. And I know how mean geese can be if they want to. One of them started pecking at my leg, and that's when I shooed them farther from me.

I had a male duck eating out of my hand. If there is one animal I have a overfondness for, it is ducks. I just cannot tell you how much I love ducks. When I was growing up, my family lived on 10 acres, and we had pet ducks. Anytime I can be around ducks, I take the chance. I was thrilled to have one eating from my hand!

Incidentally I can now cross off #40 of my 101 Things in 1001 Days list.

Pictures by my sister, from her visit here a year and a half ago.

No comments: