Friday, October 02, 2009

~Easy Swedish Apple Pie~

Even though the saying goes "easy as pie" I don't always find pie an easy dessert to make! The pastry preparation is fiddly, and then I never seem to roll out the dough wide enough for my pie plate, and I have a horrible time crimping the edges (I usually use a fork - unglamorous, but it gets the job done!).

Well, here's a recipe that doesn't involve any fiddly-ness! I found it on Allrecipes.com, and I've made it several times (and referenced it once on my blog before!)

I made it for dessert tonight since we had company. It is easy - and quick too! I made mine in about 10 or 15 minutes!

Something cute:
The couple we had over has three small children. As we were eating dinner, the oldest finished the food on his plate. His mom asked, "What would you like more of?"

His answer? "Pie."

We hadn't had the pie yet, but he was really looking forward to it! :-)

Need a quick fallish dessert? I suggest Easy Swedish Apple Pie! Add a scoop of ice cream and you're all set! I'd share a picture, but there is no pie left to take a picture of!

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 pounds Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup melted butter
1 egg

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Toss apples with 1 tablespoon of sugar, and pour them into a pie plate. Thoroughly mix together 1 cup of sugar with the flour, cinnamon, butter, and egg. Spread this evenly over the top of the pie. Bake in preheated oven until the apples have cooked and the topping is golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes.

3 comments:

Annecourager said...

I just pulled this out of the oven. :) Thanks for the recipe! Can't wait to taste it, when the boys are home from the dentist!!

Ruth said...

I'm getting ready to make this now. I'll let you know how it comes out!

Annecourager said...

This was really easy and tasty. I'm about to put another one in the oven!! :)