Thursday, October 01, 2009

Happy October!

Wow, it is hard to believe it is already October! This year has gone by so fast!

Since we have lived in Michigan, I have noted that almost every year, as soon as the calendar says "October" the weather takes notice and gets quite nippy. This year, the weather change happened a few days before the calendar change. It is cool enough outside that we've needed to turn our furnace on already.

Time for soup, chili, curling up with a good book and hot chocolate, and cozy socks!

3 comments:

Mrs.Vicki said...

Have you knitted socks for your sweet baby girl. Last year I made several for my granddaughter. Just curious if you did what pattern did you use? I had enough yarn from my top down patterns for baby socks :)

Kim said...

It is chilly here in Ontario too, but we haven't yet put the heat on - trying to hold off as long as possible. Snuggling up with blankets, wearing slippers & sweaters and drinking hot drinks :)

I can't knit socks so will have to do with store bought - are knit ones that much warmer?

Tammy said...

Mrs. Vicki - I haven't knitted socks for The Baby yet. I did some knitting for her before she was born, but it was mostly newborn items. I need to get my needles clicking and make her some more things!

Kim - there are some pretty warm socks available to buy, so I don't know that knit socks would be any warmer.