Saturday, June 03, 2006

Gardening!

Today was primarily a gardening day! I worked outside from 10 a.m. till about 2 p.m., getting my flowers planted in the second flower bed, and planting a little vegetable garden.

I came inside, and was so exhausted from all my work, that I took a shower and then laid down for a nap. I was awakened by a rain storm! We got quite a gullywasher!

Before:


After:


There used to be a barrel on the corner of the house, but it fell apart when I tried to move it. Oh well...

Kevin worked hard too--one thing he did was put the border down the side of the house. Because of our basement windows and the air conditioner, we're not able to put the stones two high, like the front border. I like it just the way it is. Now I need to clear out all the weeds, and get a few more flowers planted. I'm not going to do anything major on this side of the house this year. Perhaps next year, I'll plant a few low-maintenance shrubs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks really good!