Saturday, June 24, 2006

Weeds, weeds, weeds!

This afternoon I spent a great amount of time weeding my flower beds and garden. I'm glad to be done! I fertilized the flowers and vegetables as well. I just hope that doesn't make the weeds grow more! LOL

Here's a picture of my wee little garden when I first planted it:


And here is a picture from today:


It's growing so nicely! It seems to get enough sun, and pretty soon I need to get cages for the tomatoes, they are growing so fast! My green beans are being eaten by some sort of insect, so I bought a insect killer and sprayed it on today. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Next year I would love to plant even more vegetables! I need to get the book Square Foot Gardening and study that so I can optimize the space better.

9 comments:

Susan said...

It's growing so well, Tammy! I can't wait to see your harvest. I hope the insect spray works for your beans!

Nikki said...

It's getting fuller!! I can't wait for Bill and I to get to grow a few things next year!!!

TheNormalMiddle said...

beetles are eating my basil, know any tips for that? :(

Your garden looks so cute! Here's to a huge harvest for both of us!

Kristi said...

Whatever you're doing, it looks like you're doing it right. Your garden looks great.

~Kristi

Cindi said...

Tammy your garden looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the veggies when they become mature!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great spot for a mini garden!

Tori Leslie said...

Looks like your garden is doing wonderful. My very first garden had broccoli in it. It was growing really nice but I got busy and when I came to pick it, it was a lovely big bloomed flower. Oops! Looks like yours is doing better than mine did. :o)

Michelle said...

Your garden is looking really good!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this!! What an inspiration this is to me, I have a small yard, but you have shown that it doesn't take much of a yard area to have a nice garden! How lovely!