Friday, September 01, 2006

~Fall is in the Air~

Happy September!

I have enjoyed the summer so much, that I'm a little sad to admit that as the calendar page turns to September, the weather is looking a little more like fall. We just have little reminders, really, that fall is around the corner. The wind is blowing like fall wind does, and the leaves are just starting to turn colors. The air has a slight "snap" to it, and the temperature is dropping. Of course, we will still have warm summery days, but September is definitely the transition month for us.

A good thing about fall...I'm planning on planting quite a few bulbs this year! That gives me something to look forward to! :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

What types of bulbs are you planning? I would like some early bulbs, I have seen some in the Michigan bulb catalog that peep out thru snow. I forget what they were called, but it really stood out to me! I love tulips and hyacinths, too. I want something bright I think!

Jenn

Kristi said...

I'm planning on planting some bulbs with my children this fall. It's been YEARS since I've planted bulbs. So, I know we'll have fun doing that.

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

I'm usually happy for the fall, but this year...not so. Because I counted last year...6 MONTHS without leaves on the trees. Whaaaa!

Tammy said...

I'm planning on planting tulips, hyacinths and daffodils.

Rebecca, I counted up the months that it was cold, and that made me relish my summer all the more! I wish it could be summer just a little bit longer!