Saturday, September 23, 2006

~Happy Fall, Y’all!~

Today marks the official first day of autumn. Not that the calendar has been dictating our weather…we’ve had several weeks of cooler weather; leaves have been changing to their gorgeous autumn colors; and our days have been getting increasingly shorter. I’m a little sad that summer is over, but I’ll be happy that fall is here!

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

I won’t be decorating our living room and dining room with my fall decorations this year. We are going to be refinishing our wood floors, and redoing the walls and woodwork in these rooms. Since this project will be commencing soon, there is no sense in pulling all my decorations out. However, I will bring my fall front door decoration up from the basement.

I also need to bring some of my warmer clothes up from the basement. While I don’t like the cold weather, I do like warm and cozy sweaters, socks, and pajamas. I’ll have to see what all I have packed away!

Fall is a gorgeous time of year! Enjoy it with your family and friends!

No comments: