Saturday, August 26, 2006

~Busy as a Bee!~

Today I canned some peaches, peach jam, and tomatoes. I got the peaches from a produce stand, and I picked the tomatoes from my garden today.



I got 5 pints of peaches, 6 8-oz. jars of jam, and 4 pints of tomatoes.

When I went to the grocery store this morning to get my jars, the lady who checked me out muttered the whole time about how she didn't have time to can and how she was thinking of quitting her job. Grumble, grumble. I didn't mention the fact that I work full time as well. You make the time for what you want to do. And leave out the stuff you don't want to do. Like laundry. Or dishes. LOL I'm just kidding...for the most part!

7 comments:

Sandi said...

could you please post your recipes? So, do you have one for hot pepper jelly?

Tammy said...

Sandi, for the peach jam, I used the recipe from the box of pectin. The peaches and tomatoes were canned using instructions from a basic canning book. (I think it's published by Ball.)

I don't have a recipe for hot pepper jelly, but I've thought of making it before! It's really good with cream cheese and crackers...an easy, delicious appetizer!

Kim said...

Good girl! I'm so proud of you, you gardening girl, you! Boy that sounded strange. ;D

Annecourager said...

I have a jalapeno jelly recipe. Once I dig my head out from underneath all this tape, plastic sheeting, and painting supplies I'd be more than happy to post it, Sandi.

But by then you may have already found one! :) I remember this: my eyes were watering while it cooked!

Anonymous said...

You are so right! We always find the time to do the things that we really want to do.

Unknown said...

So true. People don't understand that even us SAHMs have very busy schedules. I make time for the things that mean a lot to me.

Jenn said...

Wow, your impatients are gorgeous!! So full and lovely, I love that the ground is totally covered with such a pretty sea of pink. =D

The Canning looks and sounds great, too! And yes, we always DO make time for the important stuff in our lives, one way or another. We will either find the time, or sacrifice something of lesser importance...like the dishes (haha! i loved that one)

Oh, and what a thoughtful hubby bringing you those yellow roses! Love your curio cabinet. I have one similar in our dining room but your tea set is so dainty and feminine looking, what a nice touch! Mine has wedding stuff in it, but I am getting sick of it, doesn't that sound terrible? My mind needs some change now and then! LOL

Hugs,
Jenn