Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Wish List

I discovered Froogle today. Once you set up an account (all you need is an e-mail address and a password) you can add items to your shopping list, then to your wish list. I am looking forward to using this! It is a great tool for two purposes: to remember what I want to buy, so that when I get extra money (birthday, Christmas) I can choose from that list. Secondly, it will help my family out. Around my birthday and Christmas, I get a few calls from family members.

The conversation goes somewhat along these lines, nearly every year:
"What do you want?"
"I don't know, I haven't thought of it."
"Well, think about it, and let me know."

The next day, repeat above conversation.

Finally, after a few such conversations, I think of something. Without fail, it won't suit the person calling. It's too cheap, too big, too little, too expensive, too hard to pick out, etc. So then they go out and get me something they think I'll like, since *I* can't come up with anything! I just don't spend a lot of time thinking up gift ideas for myself! I'm content with what I have (OK, for the most part! I'm not going to lie and say I've never been discontent!). Generally speaking, I am happy with what I have. Therefore, giving other people gift ideas for myself can be somewhat hard! When I saw this, I knew that it would be perfect!

I've only put a few things on my list so far, but click here and you can see how it works.

Go to froogle.com and make your own list!

2 comments:

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Glad I finally found some one close to me. I can only wear so many clothes. I can only display so many things. Be thankful that I am so content is my line. You have to call me and if you want to send a card okey. I only get upset when one of my children don't call.

Cherish the Home said...

What a nice idea!