Sunday, August 27, 2006

~Howdy, folks!~

Lime green? I can't think of anything to take a picture of! That's the color for this week's Year of Color challenge. I'll have to take my camera with me wherever I go, because I don't have anything lime green! Well, not exactly so. I have a lime green jacket. But I don't think that would make an interesting picture!

My flowers! Oh my goodness! I can't believe how well they are growing. (The impatiens in my front yard.) I measured them the other day and they are 24" high (at the highest, some are not quite that high). I'm totally amazed. I never expected them to grow so high! What is so wonderfully nice about them is that I've barely had to weed them. Every great once in a while a gangly weed will make its way beyond the flowers, and I'll pull it out while I'm watering.


I was going to participate in a menu posting thingy (not sure exactly what you call it, I don't think it's considered a "meme". But anyhow, I couldn't find my notebook. I used it last night when I went shopping. Each week, I write my menu on one page, and my shopping list on the next page over. Then the next week, I'll page through recipe books, my binder, and my notebook for menu ideas. I've looked all over the house and can't find it. I tend to have a bad habit of forgetting things once they are written down. That being the case, if I don't find my menu notebook, I'm going to have to think harder this week. Grrr...

A big cyber hug to my friend from church who stopped by my blog today. :D Thank you! And also, a big thank you to my readers. You're the best! I do try not to be controversial, but even so, sometimes I think after I write. So thank you for being loving and kind, and for all your warm, heartfelt comments every day. I appreciate them so much!

I hope everyone has a great day!

7 comments:

Denial Renae said...

Your flowers are so pretty! Next spring/summer I am wanting to get some flower boxes for my balcony and plant some daisies in there. I am hoping that it will work cause I have 2 black thumbs!!!

Annecourager said...

Lime green, wow, there's lots of lime green around here! My daughter LOVES bright colors and she has several articles of clothing that are REALLYBRIGHT lime green.

And the crazy thing is, she looks good in it because she has a dark tan.

She didn't get that ability from me!

Your impatiens are nice.

Cherish the Home said...

Your flowers are gorgeous!

ampraisingHim said...

Your flowers are gorgeous! I started container gardening (see my site) this summer, and next year I want to try impatiens too in a shady spot. Was that spot full shade, part shade, etc? How easy were they to care for? Do you have any flowers in containers? just curious :)

Mishel said...

Hi Tammy! My name is Mishel and I so enjoy reading your blog. When I have a moment in my day to take a break, I almost always come on over to your place to see what's happening. : ) Thanks for being a blessing!

Tammy said...

Denial, I love flower boxes on balconies! I hope your thumbs get a little greener! =)

Mishel, thanks for introducing yourself! I'm glad you enjoy my site! =)

Unknown said...

Impatients are my favorite flower. They make great hanging baskets.