Saturday, August 19, 2006

~Show and Tell: Recipe Boxes~

Deb over at Mountain Musings is having a show and tell for everyone's recipe boxes. What a neat idea! Thank you, Deb, for hosting it!

Here is my recipe box. Not very glamorous!


However, here is where I really keep all my recipes:


Our dining room and kitchen are separated by cabinets that face the dining room. This little niche in the kitchenis the perfect spot for this shelf (which I had previous to moving here).

I have quite a collection of recipe books, and then I have a binder which has all the recipes I've printed from online, as well as breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas. I usually use the binder every week when I make out my menu.

7 comments:

ampraisingHim said...

I love the spot for your recipes! Your recipe box is glamorous! I think you are very organized for your recipes. I like your site, and will be back.

Emma said...

I love your little kitchen corner. I am an avid recipe collector, but haven't got a nice spot in the kitchen for my books. One day ...

Christine said...

I just love your niche. Your cookbook collection is great!

theups said...

Too cute!! I LOVE all of your apple things!! Oooh, and I LOVE all of your cookbooks!!! :)

His,
Mrs. U

deb said...

Tammy, Thanks for participating!! I love seeing where you keep all your recipes! And I love catching a glimpse into others' recipe boxes and kitchens!

Arlene said...

Oh, I love recipes and cookbooks! I am always finding a new book that I just *have* to have, LOL! I currently have a cabinet filled with my books, but am planning to buy a shelf for them sometime, because I tend to use only the cookbooks I can reach (which aren't very many, since I'm only 5'1" and I can only reach the bottom shelf of the cabinet, LOL!)

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

We have several cookbooks also and a TON of the Taste of Home/Quick Cooking magazines! Ours are stored on 2 shelves too. :)