Tuesday, August 22, 2006

~Photography~

I had some very lovely comments under my post for the Year of Color challenge. Thank you for all who made such nice comments! It warmed my heart!

There were also several questions. I know that *I* hardly ever go back and read posts that I've asked questions on, so I thought I'd just write a post. :D

O.K., Tammy, I want to know if you have ever taken a photography class!
No, I've never taken a class. It sounds like fun though!

What kind of camera do you use? (Yes, I'm being a bit nosey.)
I didn't think you were being nosey! :) Good cameras take great pictures! My camera is a Canon PowerShot A410. My husband gave it to me for my birthday last year, and I've been very happy with it!

Any tips for an amateur?
Seeing as how I'm an amateur as well, I'll just share what I've learned along the way.

*When I see a picture I like (taken by someone else), I look at it and try to figure out what I like about it. I've mentioned Yarnstorm before. The author of Yarnstorm is a great photographer. I also gain inspiration from Dawn and Rachel. I've also enjoyed being part of the Year of Color, and looking at all the other photographs submitted each week.
*I take a lot of pictures. Like, practially every day. The grand thing about digital cameras? You aren't wasting film! *Delete* is an often used feature!
*I've fiddled with my camera and figured out what it does. (Hmmm...it would have helped to read the manual that came with it! LOL)
*Natural lighting is much better than using a flash, especially on a small "point and shoot" camera. I turn off the flash whenever possible.
*Many digital cameras have "macro" settings. Use this setting for close ups. My camera denotes this by a little flower symbol.

That's what I could think of for right now. Have fun with your photography!

Image from http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a410-review/index.shtml. I learned some stuff about my camera just reading the review! :)

No comments: