Friday, July 14, 2006

E-bay thrills and frustrations!

Back in April, I posted about a blog article called Adding Beauty to Your Life. What it boiled down to was how stuff doesn't necessarily add beauty to your life--especially if it's all crammed into a tiny sewing room!

Well, I still had a stack of things I wanted to sell on e-bay, but hadn't gotten around to listing. I listed 12 lots, and sold 6 lots. Five of my six buyers paid almost instantly. The other person? It's seven days later, and I still haven't heard "boo" from her. The thrilling part was that I was able to make a little money off of some books that were previously stacked in my sewing room. The frustration is over the person who hasn't paid yet! Not only did she win the bid, but she bid against someone who probably would have paid, and bid the item up way over it's value. I've listed quite a few things on e-bay over the last few years, and this is my first non-paying bidder. I guess it was just bound to happen sooner or later!

Now I just need to find a home for the six items that didn't sell (thrift store? Freecycle?) and get the stack of things out of our home office. Have you noticed that when you have a pile somewhere, that after a while you don't notice it anymore? Unfortunately, that's what has happened with this little stack! I need to finish my decluttering job!

6 comments:

Not the Waltons said...

Hi Tammy...I just wanted to ask a quick question, have you emailed to remind this person?? There have been times where a person simply overlooks making that payment...I have had those non-payers though which really stinks! Fortunately eBay will replace the funds for that item, you can also use the 2nd chance offer and offer it to the runner up under the winning bidder...

anyway, just a bunch of hoopla you probably already know, lol ;o) Just thought I would help if I could...

Better blessings in the future!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy. I wanted to have a peek at the 6 items on e-bay that you haven't sold yet. Would you mind posting a link?

Sandi said...

Have you contacted the person 3 times? If so, report them to e-Bay. Then you can offer the items to the next highest bidder.

Denial Renae said...

I too have some piles of ebay stuff hanging around. I listed 17 items that are ending on Sunday and then I have about 5 more bins of stuff to list. But, I am only listing it once and if it doesn't sell, off to the thrift store or goodwill or the trash it goes!

Tammy said...

Mona, Yes, I have e-mailed this person twice, and sent the initial invoice. I didn't realize that about the 2nd chance offer--thanks for mentioning it!

Sabine, the auctions for the items that didn't sell are already over, and I don't plan on relisting them. =)

Annecourager said...

7 days--- yeah, that's frustrating when 99 percent of ebayers pay RIGHT THEN....but it's possible that one person did the buying/bidding, and the spouse does the paying.... :) which is what happens in THIS household. ANd what makes it worse is that the invoices go to HIS email account, not mine, so I don't always know something needs to be paid for. Until he leaves the page up on the computer as a "reminder" that I need to handle the money part of it.

So hang in there, give them another week.