Monday, July 24, 2006

~Company~

Our company Saturday afternoon and evening was fun! We had a couple from our church over. Kevin and the husband played tennis, and the wife and I took a walk with their 1 1/2 year old son. While on our walk, we stopped by a playground area, and her son had fun on the slides and swing.

Dinner was fantastic, if I do say so myself! :) It was a joint effort: Kevin grilled the steaks to absolute perfection--the best steak I've had in ages! I made rolls and a vegetable, and the wife brought twice-baked potatoes. Then we had peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Delicious!

Note to self: buy some toys and keep on hand for little ones who visit! I've been meaning to do this for years now, and I simply must stop procrastinating and do it soon! The little guy soon got tired of the toys his mom brought for him, and was finding more interesting things (such as our stereo, TV cabinet, etc.) to entertain himself with.

Then, while we were talking, Kevin brought up a quilt that his grandma made him, and I got it out to show the couple. As soon as I unfolded it, it attracted the little one like a magnet. I left it on the floor, and he played on it the rest of the evening!

I'll post the recipe for the rolls and the cobbler later on. The rolls are "THE BOMB"--so easy to make, and deliciously good! I got the recipe from a friend at church, and have made them three times now, with fantastic results each and every time!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Looking forward those recipes. Sounds like you had a good time and the baby knows a blanket of love!

~Kristi

Shereen said...

I'm with Kristi, I'm looking forward to getting that recipe. It's nice when you can fellowship with others.

Annecourager said...

I'm laughing at "the bomb!" So up-and-coming!

That peach cobbler sounds really good right now too. I've got pleeeenty of ice cream to go with it.....

Glad you had a good time fellowshipping.

Tori Leslie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, can't wait for those recipes! ;0)

Arlene said...

LOL, Tammy! "The bomb" huh? Well, now I really can't wait to see these recipes.

I think I have an addition to recipes, recipe books, recipe websites... and now recipe posts on blogs, lol. My husband keeps telling me that I don't need to buy anymore cookbooks, because if I used one new recipe for each night's dinner (from the cookbooks I currently own), I wouldn't run out of recipes for the rest of our lives! *blushing* It's not a problem, though... really... I could stop any time I wanted to....

deb said...

Sounds like everyone is waiting for those delicious sounding recipes!! Thanks for posting.

cherylharrell (Mrs Harrell) said...

The dinner sounds yummy. :) Sometimes Mikes briother will bring his grandson our 2 yr old nephew over for a visit. He loves to play with these model cars we have on display in our house so we've now gotten some cars to give to him when he comes so he'll have one to play with & take home. He's a cutie... :)

Anonymous said...

is this the quilt that has the snake on it? no wonder the boy was interested. =)

Tammy said...

Yes, Rebecca, the quilt with the snake. :D