Sunday, July 30, 2006

~Una Mas~

(Spanish for one more time...why do I know this? It's the name of a restaurant chain in California! LOL)

One more post for today! My goodness, I've posted quite a lot today!

Today I went to church alone. My poor honey is sick with a stomach virus or food poisoning. I feel so sorry for Kevin when he's sick. It's hard to see a big, strong man ill!

Church was very good, as usual! This morning's service was on prayer--a very timely message. Tonight our pastor continued his series from the last half of Ephesians 6. Tonight's message was from verse 14--truth.

Today has been very restful for me. This afternoon I knitted and did my little sewing project, and had a nice phone conversation with my mother-in-law.

It rained all the way home from church this afternoon. The rain was nice to get for our lawn and flowers, but not so nice for the estimated 25,000 people across our state who lost their power! I'm glad our power didn't go out - today is hot and muggy, and all Kevin needed was to add "hot" to his miserable condition.

I've been reading through Proverbs 31 each day, for 15 days now. It is good to read over and over. One verse that sticks out to me each day is verse 26, "She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness." Yes, something I need to work on! In reading the whole chapter, instead of just verses 10-31, it reminds me that this chapter is a mother's instruction to her son on various things; and then in specific, what to look for in a wife. So, not only should these principles be taught to young girls, but to young men as well!

Since Kevin has been sick today, I guess I haven't used up my quota of words for today! LOL I could make this post really, really long, but I'll stop here.

May the Lord bless your week!

7 comments:

theups said...

Hi Tammy!!
I hope your husband feels better soon!! Being sick is NO FUN!!!

Also, I LOVE the encouragment to read Proverbs 31 daily. Boy, do I need to work on being a godly wife!! Guess we all do, but I just happen to be VERY aware of my shortcomings. :) I am good at reading ABOUT Proverbs 31, but often don't read the Scripture themselves. :( Thank you for the reminder!!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Jennwith4 said...

Awww! Tell Kevin we're praying for him!

Jennifer and Travis

Joyce's Ramblings said...

Remember that old line;The bigger they are the harder they fall? I hope Kevin had the 24 hour bug.
Hope to see blog that he is all better soon.

HsKubes said...

"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness."
God's Word is so powerful. As women, I think this verse in particular is very challenging. We're such verbal creatures. That one needs to be put on the wall as a daily reminder from the Lord. I think I'll hang that one in my bathroom by my mirror with my other Scripture cards.
And, yes, how true. We do need to be teaching and trainging our sons what to look for in a wife as we are teaching and training our daughters to be the wives/women God desires them to be.

Thank you for sharing this.
Oh, and thank you for commenting about our jumpers. *Ü*

~ Christina
HsKubes HomeSchool Haven
HsKubes Haven for Home
Christian Military HomeSchool Mamas

Kristi said...

Hi Tammy. We were busy with VBS among other church going ons this past week and I haven't really had time to comment on anyone's blog. So I'm catching up now. LOL

I enjoyed reading your posts. Maybe I can get back to mine this week.

Have a great evening/day.

~Kristi

cherylharrell (Mrs Harrell) said...

Hope your hubby feels better soon. Prayers just said for him. Thanks for the Proverts 31 encouragement...

Tammy said...

Thanks for all the comments! Kevin is feeling better now! It was probably food poisoning. Ick!

Thank you for the encouragement regarding my comments on Prov. 31. It is a wonderful chapter to read and think over often!