Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Countdown

I saw this over at Mrs. Blythe's blog, and thought it looked fun.

Ten things you've done today:
Ate breakfast from McDonald's
Did my hair and makeup at work because we didn't have power at home
Exercised during my lunch hour
Too much work at work, didn't have time to eat much of my lunch
Answered three lines all at once. Ok, they were ringing all at once, and I got them one right after the other! :)
Picked my first "crop" of green beans
Watered my hanging baskets
Weeded and harvested my herbs
Made Baked Tomato Spaghetti for dinner
Wrote two blog posts

Nine things you need to do tomorrow:
Make my bed
Make breakfast! (no McDonald's!)
Answer some e-mails
Go to church
Get more laundry done
Water my flowers
Do my dishes
Pick up around the house
Finish my project, if I don't finish tonight

Eight items always in your pantry:
Rice
Flour
Sugar
Dry milk
Salt
Pepper
Spaghetti noodles
Tea

Seven things you need to feel "at home":
A book
A cup of tea
A snuggly blanket (in the winter)
A project or two or three or four or maybe more (the more the merrier!) *Grin*
Access to e-mail
Comfy slippers
Several more books!

Six things that sum up your childhood:
Summer fun in sprinklers
Dolls
Playing house
Babies (real life dolls!)
Fun at grandparents houses
The "Make and Do" book from the set of children's encyclopedias - oh how I loved poring over that book!

Five items of clothing you wear again and again:
Black skirt that I made
Navy skirt
Blue/yellow striped shirt
Two blouses I bought in Chinatown, San Francisco


Four places you've lived:
A parsonage out in the country
An apartment in a smallish city in California
Two different apartments in Santa Clara, California
A house with my family, in a small country town (That was five places, wasn't it? :) )

Three books you've loved reading recently:
Beverly Lewis' latest book (I loved it so much, I don't even know the title. LOL But I really did enjoy reading it!)Image from www.housenumberconnection.com
I can't think of any other titles! I haven't read much the last month.

Two heart's desires:
To be a mother
To live more for the Lord

One thing everyone reading this can pray about for you:
Not for me, but for a missionary family who has just lost their 2 year old child to illness, and their 4 year old child is sick as well.

If you do this meme on your blog, let me know! :)

7 comments:

deb said...

Hi Tammy, I've finally made my way down to the T's after being so far behind on bloglines after our trip away!

I enjoyed your to-do list items - very creative! Also, thank you for posting the link to the bloggy house tour; I hadn't seen that and might like to participate.

Mark and Erin said...

Hi Tammy,
I'm one of your "lurkers"...I can't remember if I've commented before or not! But I love your blog and I check it every morning. :-)
Anyway, I wanted to say that I just did your meme over on my blog: www.theleichliters.blogspot.com

Christine said...

What a fun list, Tammy! I'm praying that your day is great!

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

OH, I love Beverly Lewis!! Is the book you are talking about the secondin her new series? I read the first one, I want my mom to bring the new one when she comes to visit!

Blessings!

TheNormalMiddle said...

I do like that meme...I'm not a meme fan because some of them are so repetitive but I like this one! :)

Tammy said...

Michelle, I really loved living in California, especially the Bay Area!

Joy, yes, it was the second book in the new series! :)

Anonymous said...

Yey! I love your countdown meme. It's a good meme isn't it? Blessings.