Tuesday, July 25, 2006

~Peach Cobbler~

Here is my recipe for peach cobbler. When Kevin was in college, I took a few classes as well. One of my teachers gave out this recipe one day, and it has become a favorite! Since it's not really all that healthy, I don't make it that often - usually just when we have company, or perhaps for a potluck.

Peach Cobbler

1 stick butter
1 can (29 oz.) sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup self-rising flour
brown sugar

Pre-heat the oven to 350*. Place a medium baking dish with the butter in the oven. (The butter melts in the oven.) While the butter is melting, mix together milk, sugar, and self-rising flour. After butter has melted, pour flour mixture into baking dish. Arrange sliced peaches over top, and pour in all syrup. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle brown sugar on the top, bake for 5 minutes longer, or until done (slightly browned on top).

ENJOY!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peach Cobbler is so good! I'll have to add this recipe to my stuff.

Cherish the Home said...

Sounds yummy!

Jennwith4 said...

It sounds good! Remember when I tried to make it for you and Kevin!

Anonymous said...

This sounds good!

Christine said...

Peaches are my hubby's favorite. I shall have to keep a copy of this delicious sounding recipe.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. Sounds yummy!

Love your banner, so beautiful houses and lovely neighborhood!!

Arlene said...

Oooh, does sound yummy! I can't wait to try it out! :~)

Annecourager said...

Heeeeey, I made this recipe for the church Valentine's Banquet in February! IT IS GOOD! :)

But where are The Bomb Rolls? :)

I made rolls for Thanksgiving one time that the ducks wouldn't even eat. I called them Bricks. (turns out my yeast was too old, though I'm not very good w/yeast breads anyway unless my bread machine is making it!)

This thing wants me to type "yzzle" before it will allow me to post commments. That's the sound the butter makes as it melts in the pan before you finish making cobbler, right?

Tori Leslie said...

Looks delish!

cherylharrell (Mrs Harrell) said...

Yum! I'll have to try making that in a sugar free version. I can use low sugar peaches & sugar with splenda mix or just splenda it'self & splenda & brown sugar mix instead of the real stuff... :)