Saturday, April 29, 2006

New book!

Beverly Lewis' new book is out! With Beverly Lewis' last series, Abram's Daughters, I bought each book as it came out. I determined that the next time Beverly Lewis wrote a series of books, I would wait until they were ALL published before I started reading any of them! I just love her books, but it seems as though NOTHING is resolved until the last book in the series.

Then at Christmas, Kevin gave me the first in her new series. Well, I couldn't help myself. I read it. Besides, I didn't want to hurt Kevin's feelings by not reading it. =)

Tonight Kevin and I were in Sam's Club, and I saw the new book! It was a much better price than the bookstore, so of course I couldn't pass it up! Would you? *Grin*

I got to meet Beverly Lewis at a booksigning about a year and a half ago. She gave a little talk, answered questions, and then signed books. It was a very pleasant experience, and very nice to meet the person who TORTURES me book by book by book! LOL She seems like such a sweet Christian lady, and really has a heart for the Amish people.

I am going to wait until tomorrow afternoon to start reading my book. I have some housework to accomplish before Sunday, so I will be patient until then. Besides, once I start reading, I have a hard time putting the book down!

Image from amazon.com

7 comments:

Nikki said...

I SOOOOOO can't wait to get that book!! I was going to pick it up today at Wal-Mart but they didn't have it, so I'm going to go to the Family Christian Store Monday. I have 25% off coupon so it shouldn't be to much more than at Wal-Mart!! I can't WAIT!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I understand from what my daughter tells me that those books are hard to put down. She tends to start one on one day and finishes it by the next day. She loves those books. I won't tell her you got this latest one....she will be so jealous!! We haven't been able to get it for her yet. Hopefully soon!! Thanks for the tip about Sam's Club having it cheaper..that is where we'll check first!!

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I checked our library the first time you mentioned it, and they don't have it yet although I'm sure they'll get it. I'll probably just keep checking and put my name on the hold list. Thanks for posting the cover; looks interesting as usual.

Susan said...

I just finished the first book this week, and loved it of course. I still have to check the library here, but I'm not really all that hopeful that they'll have it. They are pretty sparse with good Christian books here, let alone having brand new ones. But we're going to Texas soon, so I might buy it while I'm out!

Tammy said...

I started reading it! It took me a few chapters in to try to remember who was who and what had already happened!

Anonymous said...

WHAT IS THIS????? Tammy, I open your blog and there is a picture of some good looking, young guy looking back at me, AND HE IS NOT ME!!! We need to have a talk about this.

Tammy said...

LOL Kevin! Just for the record, *I* don't think he's good looking...does that help any? =) Love you!