Thursday, May 04, 2006

1:10 a.m.

That's the time I went to bed last night. With my sisters coming this Saturday, I had to start getting the sewing room (where they will be sleeping) in some order. So I got all the big items in (sewing machine cabinet, dresser, bookshelf, chair) and many of the closet items. I was weeding out as I put stuff back in the room, and I have a big stack of things to donate to a thrift shop. I'm not going to try to freecycle them this time around. It takes too long to do so! I also found a few things to list on e-bay.

What happens when a procrastinating perfectionist starts out to paint a room? It takes a VERY LONG time! *Sigh* Maybe one of these days I'll lose a little of the procrastination and a little of the perfectionism and get paint jobs done a just a little faster!

I'll post pictures tonight or tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are a procrastinator and a perfectionist as well huh? Well...me too!! I still have painting and organizing to do in our new house that I keep putting off just because the thought of it all overwhelms me. I hope to get to it a little at a time very soon!! These two areas are my downfalls. I hate these two things about myself only because they tend to hinder me so much.

Tammy said...

Well, Julie, it sounds like we're two peas in a pod. =) Those two traits do tend to keep me from getting projects even started! Part of the problem with painting, is that I'm not that skilled of a painter, so I want it better than I can get it! Oh well...I tell myself all the time, "It's OK. Just leave it." Otherwise, the job wouldn't get done at all!

Magistra Mommy said...

Tammy,
I'm so glad you finished putting the big stuff back in the room. That seems like half the battle. You sound like me...being a perfectionist can be absolutely exhausting! LOL :o)

PS- I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend with your sisters! :o)