Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Yard update

Last night Kevin got the other side of the flower bed completed. It needs a little more dirt in it, since it's raised more than it was previously. As he was outside working, some of the neighbors walking by were giving very favorable compliments to his hard work, asking if he's done it before. He hasn't done this type of work before, and it turned out so nicely! I'll share pictures tonight!

Now all we have left is the border on the side. We're only putting one layer in on the side, since the basement windows and our air conditioning unit determine the ground level.

Living in Michigan means a short summer season for growing flowers and vegetables. Next fall, I'm going to plant a lot more bulbs around the house, especially some crocuses. I think it is safe to plant now; however, there was a frost advisory for some parts of Michigan last night. I'm just glad that we were in a safe area, because I didn't want to lug in all my plants!

TTFN~have a wonderful day!

Edit: OOPS! I forgot to take a picture, and now it's dark! Well, I'll get one taken tomorrow! =)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love crocus. We had a home in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia, and the crocus had gone wild and spread throughout the lawn. It was very pretty in spring. We also had those wonderful red-capped white spotted mushrooms under our pine trees on the shady side of the house. Ah memories!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the short summer season there. We have close friends that live outside of Flint, MI and they always blow our minds when they tell us of how it snows in September and then that it will still be snowing in March. They are used to it though....I wouldn't like it...LOL!!