Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wednesday Prayer Meeting: a mid-week “refresher”

Wednesday nights are always a bit rushed. Can I get dinner ready before we have to leave? As we rush out the door, do we have our Bibles?

The busyness of the evening is well worth the refreshment we receive at church! Our pastor leads a Bible study (just recently he concluded a fascinating study of the book of Daniel) and then we break for prayer. The ladies and men pray separately, and break into small groups. Our prayer time is a time of knitting hearts together as well as praying to our Lord. If I decided to skip our Wednesday night services at our church, I would have missed out on so much! I’m thankful for our church!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The recipe fair at Roberta's is perfet for preparing for nights like these. I was excited to get some new ones, that's for sure. I normally find Wed. nights to be a time of recharging as well. I think it's neat that your men and ladies split up and get into small groups to pray. Our church stays in one main group, then after prayer move onto the bible study. Neat!

Anonymous said...

You are so right Sis. Tammy. I look so forward to mid-week service. I get my spiritual gas tank filled up. By Wednesday I'm about running on empty...I don't know about you. Things are always hectic on Wednesday's for us too. When I tell people it takes us all day to get ready for church they laugh at me. They don't understand...those who have toddlers around all day long don't get much accomplished and then there are the normal things that need to be done throughout the day too. But you're right...once I get to the church it is so well worth it just to get refreshed by the fellowship I receive with my brothers and sisters in Christ and from the preaching of God's Word. When I miss mid-week service...my whole week gets thrown off!!

Anonymous said...

Sniff, sniff, I don't get to Wednesday nights as hubby is in the music group and gets priority. But I do get to go Tuesday morning, and I went tonight for Ascension Day service. I am so blessed, what am I complaining about. I love my church too.
Blessings to you.

Nikki said...

Ohh I love Wednesday night services almost more than Sunday!!!