Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Aprons: Show and Tell

Thank you, ladies, for the wonderful participation in this show and tell! I've enjoyed seeing everyone's aprons this week!

Here you go:
Rhonda posted her apron picture, noting that the stains are on the apron, not on her clothes!
Kelleigh poses as the modern June Cleaver, showing that housework can be accomplished in pretty clothes, when you wear an apron, of course!
Courtney found a darling apron at Goodwill, and her blog readers got a sneak peak of it here.
Mrs. Wilt showcases her "serendipitous thrift store find", and in an earlier post, her readers were treated to an Ode to Aprons.
Awww, look at this "Berry" special apron worn by a "Berry" special mother, Kristi! Kristi and her daughter show us her grandmother's two aprons (what a treasure!)
Jennifer recently purchased a vintage serving apron. What a great find!
Dawn's friend gave her a gorgeous vintage apron. What a sweet gift!
Inspired by this show and tell, Cindi sewed a vintage looking apron, using some lace that she made herself. (Wow, now I want a fancy sewing machine! Hehe)
Lori has quite a collection of aprons, from her grandmother and great-grandmother. What a collection to treasure!
Deb (in her brand-spankin' new apron) and her daughters share their lovely aprons.
Edit to add: Lora's daughter is busy making her an apron, using overalls and bandana fabric. Cute! Once you're there, click on the picture to get a better look at it!

In previous posts, I've shown my aprons: here and here.

*Sigh* There's nothing that says "homemaker" more than an apron!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun post! Actually, the aprons are my grandmother's and great-grandmother's (my grandmother's mother). My own personal mama probbably never wore an apron in her whole life!

Anonymous said...

Those were some pretty fun aprons. You have a lot of them! I don't wear my vintage ones, just my dirty nasty one that I didn't post because it was dirty and nasty. But it does take the brunt of a lot of cooking and saves my clothes.

Thanks for the challenge! I was hustling to get it in by 6.

Roberta said...

Fun to see everyone's aprons...thanks for the Apron Show and Tell Tammy!

Roberta said...

Tammy, Mommaroo2 is having a contest where the prize is a 1951 vintage apron pattern...I put details on my blog and you can link over to her if anyone is interested. (Sorry lazy one-handed blogger right now. ;))

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Thanks for hosting the show and tell!!
I really liked it. :)

Anonymous said...

Sadly I missed the deadline as I was at the library :-(. But, I did get it posted, finally. It's still in the final construction stages--it has no straps, that's why I'm not wearing it.

I've loved looking at everyone else's.

Magistra Mommy said...

Tammy,
This was terrific! Thank you for all your hard work. It was SO much fun to see all of the aprons! :o)

Anonymous said...

What fantastic apron mania is going on around blogsville! I have placed my order with a sweet old lady who works at the local Methodist Church charity shop. She has some in her drawer at home and is bringing them in on Friday for me to peruse. I'm actually quite excited. lol. If someone had told me 6 months ago I would be getting excited about aprons I would have told them they were mad! LOl :o)