Sunday, May 07, 2006

Oh Canada!

We picked up Holly and Shelly from the Detroit airport, and since we were so close to Canada, we went over the border and walked around for a little bit to say we've been in Canada.

Here we are:


The area we went to wasn't very impressive. There were a lot of nightclubs, bars, and cheap gift shops. We found that the exchange rate varied from store to store, apparently they can charge tourists whatever they please. *Grin* We stopped into Starbucks, a pizza shop, and a gift shop for Shelly to buy a charm for her charm bracelet.

But now we can say we've been out of our country, if just for an hour!

There was a very pretty park that we went to, right on the river. Now that would have been nice to spend a little time walking in, but we didn't realize how large it was, until we were driving by it. There were a lot of interesting sculputres in it.

Holly, Shelly, and I each have a digital camera. I can see that a good portion of their visit will be spent in comparing pictures. Hehe

It's fun to have them here! I'm looking forward to this week!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to visit Canada, and one day we will. My husbands grandparents live in Lacombe (I think I've spelt it right) and he longs to visit them, but money is tight and it's a long trip for the kids.
Looks like fun.

Michelle said...

Aww..Great pictures..I hope you have a wonderful visit..

Susan said...

You came to Canada!!!! Yay! Now just a little farther west . . . like all the way to the coast . . .

I hope you enjoy your week with your sisters!

Lisa said...

I've been wondering how your visit was going! I'm so glad you're all having a nice time. Great pics!

Magistra Mommy said...

It sounds like your visit is already off to a wonderful start! Have a fun week! :o)

In His joy,
Mrs. Wilt

abrightnewdawn said...

I just so happen to know that Windsor, Canada is a huge place for American teens to go drink underage. It's a little MORE than a lot of tourists bargain for. :)

Nikki said...

Glad your having a great time!! I want to go to Canada!!

tkrimms said...

I think that's so much fun!!! I would love to do that. When we go on vacation, we are about 2 hours from the border. I often think about taking a drive up there!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your sisters made it in safely. You've done something that I can't say I've done...you've been to another country. My husband and son went to Mexico one time on a mission's trip. I haven't been anywhere. Oh well....Lord-willing one day I will.

Cherish the Home said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sisters!

The only place in Canada I've ever been is Toronto and Niagra Falls.

Mrs. Blythe, in the Canadian West series by Janette Oke, she talks about the city of 'Lacombe' in Canada. How funny! (o:

Lula said...

Aww, these pictures are very sweet of you and your sisters. I very much enjoy the 4 sisters that I have...I would hate to be separated from them though...we all live within 20 minutes of one another...I hope you have many more wonderful days to come...keep us updated with pictures

Anonymous said...

Your sisters are SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!