Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Found Treasures

A few weeks ago, I went to a thrift store and found a beautiful dresser scarf. It fits very nicely on my dresser, and goes with my decorating scheme very well.



Here you can see a close-up of it:



When I was a little girl, my mom had a sugar and creamer hot pad set that her grandmother had made. We had a screened in back porch, and we had it set up as a "house". My mom let us play with those hot pads. A move later, and a different back porch...they got wet and then moldy. :-(

Every time I go into an antique store, I look for hot pads like the ones I played with. When Holly, Shelly, Kevin and I were in Ludington, we browsed through stores, and one of those stores was an antique store.

I found some that were made with the same pattern! I was SO very excited! They are a different color (the ones my mom had were blue and white), and they are a little bigger, but they go with my kitchen so well! I was just thrilled to find them!

Here they are:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the scarf you found!! It is so pretty. I've also seen things like what you have in your kitchen before. I don't do the thrift store thing like I used to. I want to get back into it again. I could always find good finds in them.

Cherish the Home said...

I LOVE the dresser scarf! It looks lovely on your dresser! (o:

Lisa said...

The scarf looks so pretty on your dresser. The way you have things arranged there looks pretty, too.

I've never seen hot pads like those. It's so neat that you found them!

Oh and hey, if you get a chance, take a look at http://huldals.blogspot.com/. I just have a feeling you will enjoy the different touches she makes to her home. She has lots of things made in the fabric pattern you chose for your blog background. :)

Lisa said...

Wow, that reads like spam. I promise it isn't...Sis.Julie and Mrs. B can vouch for me. lol

Tammy said...

Lisa, how funny. I didn't think your post was spam! =) I'll check out that link on my lunch break!

Lisa said...

Oh whew! I just realized something. When we were out today I bought a little cross-shaped doily. I kept thinking "someone had one like this and I loved it." Looking at your blog again just now, I realized it's you! It's the smaller one (I can't see the pic right now) on top of a nice jewelry box with another smaller box on top of it. Funny how images stay in my minds.

Tammy said...

Lisa, I made a cross-shaped bookmark, and posted about it recently. =)