Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Yawn! No coffee today...

As I was sitting in church Sunday morning, struggling to keep my eyes open, it dawned on me that even though I had gotten a good night's rest, I was still tired. Then I realized that I had fallen into a habit of having a cup of coffee each morning...at work. I do have a coffee maker, but it is in a lower cabinet, and I use it only when we have company. Yesterday and today I have resisted the urge to drink coffee in the morning, and instead have had a few cups of herbal tea. I don't want to be "addicted" to caffeine, so now's the time to nip it in the bud!

*Yawn*

I'm still tired though. One cup wouldn't hurt...would it? ;-)

Image from sharkyscoffee.com

6 comments:

Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

I go through seasons of coffee addiction. I've found that tea, especially Irish Breakfast as it has the most caffeine, is helpful as a substitute when I am trying to escape a coffee rut.

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would get to where I would HAVE to have a cup of coffee in the mornings. My dad has always been one to drink a whole pot of coffee in the mornings. Now I only have one cup...not a whole pot. My in-laws got me a Senseo coffee maker for my bday...it makes one cup at a time. I love it!! That is what got me started to drinking my one cup a day. But I find that when I don't get my one cup...I do like you described...I yawn and don't feel energized. It has become a normal routine for me to have one. I even took one with me this morning when we left to do our running today...would you call that an addiction??...naaaa...well...I hope not anyway. LOL!!

Tammy said...

LOL Sis. Julie! I think you just might be addicted. ;-)

Lisa said...

I was drinking way too much. I don't mind being addicted to the a.m. pot but I was drinking it later in the evening and not sleeping well and my heart was racing. I switched to hot water and lemon and it's surprisingly satisfying and I sleep great.

Roberta said...

Have you ever had mint chlorophyll? I pour a few tablespoons into iced water and it is the best morning drink. Refreshing and supposed to get the blood circulating.
Coffee yummy though.

Tammy said...

Roberta, that mint chlorophyll sounds good! I believe I've had it before, and I know that it is good for you. I should try some. Thanks for the hint!