Tonight I finished my Jaywalker Socks! It seems as though every blogging knitter has made this pattern! It wasn't terribly hard, but it did present it's challenges! The first challenge was the thin sock yarn. Since I'm used to crocheting and tatting with thin thread, it wasn't too difficult. I started the first sock at least four or five times, and finally got it underway. I didn't have any problems with my second sock until I got to the toe. I finished it, tried it on, and found out it was about 1/2 inch to short!
As you can see in the picture, they are not identically striped. The yarn that I used did not lend itself to making two identical socks. However, I've seen many, many stripey socks online, and quite a few of them do not match perfectly! I'm just glad that the striping is very subtle. (The flash brings out the lighter colors.)
It's a good thing I finished them, now that we're having such freezing weather. *Grin* It feels good to get projects finished, no matter if I'll be wearing them right away or not!